Insurance Companies Avoid Paying Accident Claims
Your insurance company is supposed to be on your side. After all, you have been a loyal customer for years and never missed a premium payment. Yet after a car accident, that same insurance company will look for ways to avoid paying your claim. Why? It’s simple—they care more about their bottom line than your injury. As such, they will often engage in bad faith tactics to avoid paying legitimate claims. Without aggressive legal representation, you may find it difficult to obtain the compensation you rightfully deserve.
Tactics Insurance Companies May Use to Avoid Paying Florida Personal Injury Claims
Insurance companies have many different tactics they can use to minimize or deny claims. Some common tactics include:
- Denying initial claim in hopes that you will not pursue it further
- Claiming your injuries are not covered under policy benefits
- Offering a small settlement, also known as low-ball settlements
- Minimizing the extent of your injuries
- Arguing that medical treatment you received was not medically necessary
- Trying to prove you were partially or completely to blame for the accident or your injuries
- Delaying payments
- Targeting high-cost medical expenses as a reason to deny a claim
- Refusing to adequately investigate a claim
- Refusing to return phone calls
- Repeatedly losing paperwork
If you or someone you love has been injured in a car accident in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach, or anywhere in the State of Florida, you need an attorney on your side to help you fight the large insurance companies. Injured accident victims who retained a lawyer were more likely to receive the compensation they needed to recover. Without an attorney in your corner, insurance adjusters often try to play hardball—hoping that you will accept their low-ball offer quickly.
Don’t let insurance companies give you the runaround—you deserve to receive fair compensation for your injuries. An experienced Miami car accident lawyer can help!